This course will teach you how to improve and maintain your website’s health, as well as optimize your website’s content for both users and search engines using different tools. After completing the course, you will have sufficient knowledge to take and pass the accompanying test and carry on studying the Africtutors SEO toolkit.
The world of search engine optimization is complex and ever-changing, but you can easily understand the basics, and even a small amount of SEO knowledge can make a big difference. Free SEO education is also widely available on the web, including in guides like this! (Woohoo!)
Combine this information with some practice and you are well on your way to becoming a savvy SEO.
- Using this beginner’s guide, we can follow these seven steps to successful SEO:
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
We’ll spend time on each of these areas throughout this guide, but we wanted to introduce it here because it offers a look at how we structured the guide as a whole.
Available on request
- Learn what search engine optimization is, why it matters, and all the need-to-know basics to start yourself off right.
- keyword research and other methods to determine what your audience is seeking.
- How search engines robots craw the internet to find your site and add it to their indexes
- Covering optimized design, user experience, information architecture, and all the ways you can adjust how you publish content to maximize its visibility and resonance with your audience.
- By implementing responsive design, robot directives, and other technical elements like structured data and meta tags, you can tell Google (a robot itself) what your site is all about. This helps it rank for the right things.
- expand your influence by earning attention and links from other sites and influencers.
- An essential part of any SEO strategy is knowing what’s working (and what isn’t), adjusting your approach as you go along.
- glossary will help you get a handle on all the new words.
- Lectures 48
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 28
- Assessments Yes
SEO Basic For Beginners
How Search Engines Work
Onsite Optimization (On Page SEO)
- Website Domain Optz
- Using Research To Craft Content For On Page SEO.
- How To Avoid Low-value On-page SEO Tactics
- Meta Tag Description Optimization: Header Tag, Title Tag & Description Tag
- Other On-page Optimization You Need
- Formatting For Readability & Featured Snippets
- Website Structure: Naming and Organizing Your Pages
SEO Metrics: Tracking & Measuring Performance